Sunday, July 5, 2020

The Simple Things

Sitting out on my back porch this morning the little swallows are dive bombing and upset I am sitting close to their nest, that is resting the crook of my porch. The wind is slightly blowing and the sky overcast. It's been so hot lately that this seems like the perfect morning. I've forgotten the simple pleasures of life. The cool breeze, reading a book, the smell of fresh rain. Where did I get so off track? Wanting to be so important, climbing the corporate ladder, wanting to be more than I am that I have so forgotten who I am. The things I loved to do, before I became whoever it is that I am now. Who is this person? I don't know.

I honestly hate the electronic age. I feel like my family isn't even a family anymore. No one really talks to each other its all phones, tablets, laptops, video games. All day, every day. There is no interest in life outside of that. No interest in each other, just the games. I feel like I don't fit in my own family anymore. How did this happen? When did I get so tired of the fight that I just gave up.

I miss the simple things in life. I miss the simple life, itself. I miss human connections, board games, a good book, playing music on the porch. I think our world is much worse off without the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment