Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I am blameless.... Well at least this time

So the other night we are all sitting in the living room doing our various forms of entertainment when Doug lets off of fart not a small fart but a big fat noisy fart. First words out of Andy's mouth is "gross mom!" Hey that was not me! Doug of course is dying laughing that mommy gets blamed for his fart. My kids don't believe me that it wasn't me. Ummm I am a lady I don't fart out loud! I may on occasion fluff out loud but never fart. Who heard of such a ghastly thing! 

This has to be the difference between raising boys and girls. I have a sister and I don't remember farts being so talked about growing up but now it is the topic of lots of conversations in our house. I have to admit that I am succumbing to the boy topics in my house. It's hard to not be pulled into their gross conversations. I feel like I am losing my ladyship status a little more everyday! :) My mother would be mortified! She didn't raise us to be so crude! I have tried to introduce a little culture into my house full of vary levels of testosterone but to no avail. The second they even smell classical music or a classic movie they scatter faster than cockroaches in light. I literally think they can smell for at least an hour before I even think it.

Alas I am the Lone Estrogen. I feel like I need a sidekick now. The Lone Ranger and Tonto meets The Lone Estrogen and Meno (short for menopause). I guarantee estrogen and menopause win that duel! Apparently I will need to be more sneaky when it comes to introducing culture into my clan. Hey maybe I'll make it mandatory homework! *evil laugh* I can do that. I'm mom and teacher!

5 comments:

  1. LOL. Lone Estrogen...sounds like a good blog name. I vividly remember sitting on your bed and having you pull my finger and me ripping a BIG one. You don't remember? Or daddy lighting farts at camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your right! It's the perfect blog name for me! I changed it! No I don't remember that or about Dad. But I do remember you answered the door for Philip once and asked him to pull your finger. I was mortified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.dafont.com/comic-book.font

    ReplyDelete
  4. I likey!! i especially like the font!!

    ReplyDelete