Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunburned Knees

It was a hard choice today whether to blog about motivated moms or Doug's sunburned knees. You guessed it Doug's knees win out. Yesterday we went to the homeschool swim party at the Y. Now Doug is hit or miss on swimming mostly he goes and just hangs out with us. On this particular day I manned him with the camera and he got some really cute shots too! For whatever weirdo reason we come home and his knees are really sunburned. His face and neck too but his knees it's really weird. Not any other part of legs just his knees. I know it's mean of me but his pain in this is really funny for some unexplained reason.

I was going to post something about it on my Facebook status but Doug caught me in action This did not go over well, however he didn't say anything about the blog! The conversation about the Facebook status was quite comical but I can never remember them well enough to post the actual hysterical comments by my hubby about not posting about ridiculously sunburned knees. Just saying/typing sunburned knees cracks me up.

Bedtime was disastrous!  How do you not get the sheets to rub on your sunburned knees? I know I'm horrible but I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath See I'm laughing now just writing about it. Also funny is that our sheets are cream and red. I pointed out this fact to Doug that he now matches the sheets but the humor of it was lost to him.

This may end up being on of those had to be there kinda funny or it was funny in my head but just trust me when I tell you it was funny!


ETA: This is me trying to get a picture of Doug's sunburned knees. It was not easy and the one pic I did get really doesn't show how red they really are.

This pic just disturbs me!

Trying to use the Swiffer mop head as a shield

Poor Slinky is being used as a doggy shield!

Times this red by about a 100 and that's how red they really are!

The end result is he is now suffering in jeans.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what's funnier, the red knees, the swiffer knees (which looks like he's wearing a skirt) or the doggy shield.

    ReplyDelete